After you update your computer’s Operating System from Windows 8 to Windows 10/11, there are chances of compatibility issues. So, if you use HP Printer for printing or scanning documents, you can experience technical glitches. Sometimes, you can print anything flawlessly but HP Printer Won't Scan any document. It is really a dreadful situation one can go through after upgrading their Windows system. Fortunately, there are professional tips and tricks to easily get out of the scanning problems. So, read thoroughly as the ultimate guide is at your fingertips.
Reasons Why My HP Printer Won't Scan
Numerous reasons could be triggering the HP Printer Won't Scan problem. A few of the most common causes are noted below:
- Windows 10/11 OS is probably incompatible with the scanner/printer drivers.
- Maybe the connection is lost between your HP Printer and Windows PC.
- Outdated/inappropriate installation of HP Printer Software.
Resolving HP Printer Won’t Scan Mac problem will be straightforward and less time-consuming after identifying the actual reason behind it. Therefore, whenever your printer stops processing your document to scan, immediately check out the real cause of it and then attempt to solve it.
Solutions To Fix HP Printer Won't Scan On Windows 10/11
The solutions that can be productive in quickly eradicating your HP Printer Won't Scan problem are enumerated beneath. Let’s take a short glance at the solving methods and implement them accordingly:
Solution 1: Verify The Connection
Before using your scanner, you need to ensure that the scanner is turned on and properly connected to your device. Here’s how to ensure there is no connection issue:
- If you use a USB scanner, make sure USB ports and USB cables are accurately working.
- Make sure your computer has a stable internet connection.
- Also, ensure your scanner connects to your Windows 10 PC under the strong internet.
- If you use a VPN connection on your computer, disconnect VPN from the device and then start scanning again.
Solution 2: Reset Your HP Printer
Simply, turning off the printer and back on after a few minutes is an occasional troubleshooting solution to any scanning and printing issues. So, if you encounter HP Printer Won't Scan In Windows 10/11, immediately switch off the printer and unplug its cable. After that, plug it in again and turn it on. Now, try using your HP Printer to scan documents.
Solution 3: Check For Windows Compatibility Issue
If after upgrading your Windows 10/11 HP Printer doesn’t scan anything, check that it is compatible with this platform. To do the same, perform the below-noted steps:
- First, browse the HP Printers – Windows 10 Compatible Printers page on your web browser.
- Now, expand an HP model series on that page to ensure your printer model is listed.
- If the printer isn’t compatible with Windows 10, you’ll possibly need a new printer or a compatible platform.
If still, your HP Printer not completing the scanning process, execute the next fixing tips.
Solution 4: Reinstall The HP Printer Software
Here’s what to perform for the same:
- First, open the Control Panel on your Windows Desktop.
- Next, place a single tap on the “Uninstall a program” link.
- Now, choose the “HP Printer Software” option and click “Uninstall”
- After that, type “printers & scanners” in the Windows search box, and select the top result to open it.
- Choose the printer and select the “Remove” tab.
- Now, open the “HP Printer Support” official page and enter your printer model in the search box to detect the appropriate drivers.
- Select the latest released driver and download it for your Windows 10/11 PC.
- Then, double-click on the downloaded file and execute its installation.
- That’s it! The HP Printer Won’t Scanissue will probably be annihilated from the root.
24x7 Online HP Printer Support For HP Printer Won’t Scan
The aforementioned troubleshooting solutions can potentially aid you to rectify HP Printer Won’t Scan issue. If you got stuck in the mid of the resolution process, feel free to contact us. We are certified tech-savvy providing 24x7 Online HP Printer Support remotely. Hence, dial our helpline number and get technical assistance in no time.